Food Assistance and Distribution
In partnership with community members, faith-based partners, Smart Food Foundation, Feeding San Diego and the San Diego Food Bank, SBCS offers healthy food distribution on a weekly basis throughout Chula Vista and connects families in other parts of the County with additional resources.
Please note: Food distributions have been modified to a drive-thru format as a special precaution as we do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus at this time. For the safety of our community and staff, individuals and families visiting SBCS’ food distribution events must arrive in cars and wear masks. Food will be placed directly in vehicle trunks.
Every Tuesday | 2 – 4 p.m.
- Castle Park Middle School – 160 Quintard St., Chula Vista, CA 91911
Every Wednesday | 2- 4 p.m.
- Loma Verde Recreation Center – 1420 Loma Lane, Chula Vista, CA 91911
Every Thursday | 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Castle Park Elementary – 25 Emerson St., Chula Vista, CA 91911
How to Qualify?
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be in need of food (no proof required)
- Must be present during distribution
- Distributions available until supplies last
SBCS is accepting in-kind donations of nonperishable food items to help provide for families and individuals in need. To arrange a donation of food, please contact us at (619) 420-3620 and ask for Veronica Castro.
Learn more about food safety recalls by visiting the FDA Food Safety website below.