Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP)
SBCS provides a curriculum for youth specific community groups, along with discussions for parents and school staff about the topic of reproductive and sexual health at local schools.
Funded through the Office of Adolescent Health, Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) program is a school-based sexual and reproductive health education serving all student grades 8th through to 12th in San Diego.
- Healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Birth control and protection options (Including abstinence)
- Consent and healthy communication with partner(s)
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and HIV – methods of preventions and interventions
- Teen pregnancy
- Local Clinics are an amazing resource
- Teen Clinic – Through San Ysidro Health Center, is a teen-only space
- Operation Samahan any location, they also have a teen-specific location: Youth2YouthPlanned Parenthood
- ALL reproductive and sexual health services, including birth control, are available FOR FREE through FamilyPACT.
- You and your teen can sign up for this service based on income at a local clinic
- If you do not meet the financial requirements for the program, you teen (if over the age of 12) can apply for themselves and receive this service